UGC re-launches its old vocational programe in its new titled segment Career Oriented Courses in 2004-05 in which students can do certificate/diploma and advance diploma courses along with B.A, B.Com or B.Sc. This is mainly intended for providing students the dual advantage to pursue knowledge of some market oriented subjects in addition to their conventional degree, which may help them to get employment or encourage them to become entrepreneurs. TCC has applied for three separate courses under Commerce faculty, i.e. Foreign Trade, Computer Aided Accounting and Secretarial Practices and the UGC has granted all the three courses. But presently the institution runs only Foreign Trade courses under the co-ordination of economics dept. The prime objective of this course is to enable the students of the region to have an adequate exposure to export and import activities in the two ports located at Kandla and Mundra in the Kachchh district. These courses benefit both the students and the industry to supplement the industrial requirement by providing the adequate training and knowledge to enhance the skill development of the human resources.
To be the most preferable educational institution in the region
- To provide career oriented, employable, and useful practical commerce education to the local youth.
- To support the Export-Import industry by way of providing skilled human resources in the region.
Main Objectives of the Course:
- To train human resources for Special Economic Zones (Kandla & Mundra), 100% Export Oriented Units, ports and other growing manufacturing and trading industrial units in Kachchh.
- To provide employment opportunities to the local educated un-employed people through skill based education.
- To provide specific skill based manpower to above industries as per their requirement.
- To convert theoretical bookish knowledge into skill based practical knowledge to the young people of Kachchh – so that it becomes easier to get the job in the market.
To provide Job opportunities at local area to the local people.
Courses & seats in Foreign Trade:
|3.||Ad.Diploma||30-40||2+1=3 Year||Not Available|
Documents to be submitted:
- Duly filled application form along with 2 recent photographs
- One attested copy of School Leaving Certificate
- One attested copy of the Marksheet of the last passed examination.
Fee pay in DD or Cash
Prospectus and application form is available on payment of Rs. 50/-. The entire course fee is Rs. 5000/- ( including a Refundable deposit of Rs.. 500/-) payable at the time of admission by DD in favour of “Career Oriented Course, TCC” payable at Adipur or cash at the office of COC.
Timing of the Course:
COC is working only four days in a week.
From Thursday to Saturday 5.30pm to 7.30pm & Sunday 10am to 12noon
Certificate In Foreign Trade (1 Year)
- Introduction to Export-Import
- Export -Import Documentation
- How to Export (practices & Procedures)
Note: total credit of the course is 30 and each credit consist of 15 lectures
Diploma In Foreign Trade (1 Year after Certificate Course)
- International Marketing
- International Logistics System
- How to Import (practices & Procedures)
- Practical Training
Note: total credit of the course is 30 and each credit consists of 15 lectures.
- This course is in two independence stages (but it is in progressive nature). It means, students may opt one year certificate course or two years diploma course depending upon the level of skill and career they need.
- Syllabus of the course is designed by core faculty members and industry experts group.
- This course has four subjects with a weightage of 300 marks.
- The course will have Internal and external assessment of 40/60 ratio, in which Internal Assessment is based on attendance, presentation and half-yearly tests. Each student is required to pass both the exam separately. Those students who fail in the internal exams are not allowed to appear in the final exams. The external examination is conducted at the end of the every year.
- There is a limited number of seats in these courses.
- Minimum qualification for the course is HSC in any stream (S.Y., T.Y. & Graduates will be given preference)
- Medium of instruction is English, but students from any medium are eligible.
- Separate hostel facility for girls and boys is available for outside students.
- Theory / Practical examination would be conducted under the supervision of Tolani Commerce College. After successful completion, Certificate / Diploma would be Awarded by KSKV Kachchh University and Tolani Commerce College jointly.
- UGC has prescribed (under a modified scheme of “Career Oriented Courses” Very clear guidelines about organization and its functioning which will be followed
- Timings for these classes will be from Thursday to Saturday 05:00 p.m. to 07:30 p.m. and on Sunday 09;00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- The students should abide by the rules-regulation of COC/Tolani Commerce College and KSKV Kachchh University, Bhuj.
- Attendance is most in this course. Students having less than 75% of attendance are not allowed in final exam. Students working in the similar fields are exempted from 75% to 50% .
Code of Conduct
The College is a grant in Aid College and, it is liable to follow all the rules and regulations framed by the Govt. of Gujarat in discharging duties. So, the code and professional ethics for Principal, Teachers and Governing Body are governed by relevant Act, and Provisions of State Govt. issued from time to time. Moreover, the UGC recommended code of ethics is equally applicable for the teachers and Principals drawing UGCs’ scale of pay.
Code of Conduct for Students:
- Students have to maintain strict discipline and good manners both inside and outside the campus to maintain the reputation of the college.
- No student shall be allowed to enter the campus without I -card.
- Students have to behave properly with the teaching as well as administrative staff.
- Students have to maintain strict silence in the library.
- Students should not cause any damage to the college property.
- For any act of misconduct/ misbehaviour a student will have to face the Discipline Committee of the College and disciplinary action may involve warning and/ or fine, and/ or suspension from classes, from examination or even expulsion from the College.
- Ragging in any form in the college is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phone must be kept switched off during the class hour. Any violation of this rule will invite penalty.
- Smoking / Chewing is strictly prohibited in the college campus. Strict action shall be taken against any student found using abusive substance or having Tobacco products etc.
- Loitering in the college during the college hours is strictly prohibited.
- In case of any evidence of malpractices during the college/university examinations invites punishment of expelling from appearing in the following examination and result will be kept withheld.